Saturday, March 7, 2009

2006 "Lambert Bridge Vineyard" Cabernet Sauvignon

On March 10, I bottled the 06 Cabernet and think it will be our best Cab yet! This wine spent 28 months in French oak barrels and I blended in 11% Merlot with 5% Petite Sirah. I thought about bottling it as 100% Cab, but really liked what the Merlot and Petite Sirah brought to the table.

In the past, blending has sometimes taken as up to four days to figure out the percentages but this time it only took about 3 hours. The second I tried this combination, I knew it was the one as it possesses great mouth feel, a deep ruby color, and wonderful flavors. There is marachino cherry and plum in the nose and palate with some vanilla in the background . It has balanced acidity and the tannins are well integrated after 28 months in barrel.

To be Released- June, 2009

Next up for bottling- the 2007 "Lambert Bridge Vineyard" Petite Sirah

No comments: